TaylorMade 2017 M2 Men's Driver 460cc Righ Handed
The 2017 M2 driver brings golfers a new level of distance and forgiveness through all-new GeocousticTM technology. Following in the footsteps of its predecessor, the M2 driver successfully raises the bar in design and engineering through reinvented multi-material construction and advanced geometric shaping. Along with the new Geocoustic design, the M2 driver houses a new Speed Pocket that is three times more flexible than it was in the original M2. Combined, the new M2 takes the #1 selling driver to the next level of performance for all players.
- All-new multi-material construction saves weight & repositions CG low and back; 6-layer carbon crown with 911 skeletal Titanium body frees up weight and heavy back weight
- Geocoustic technology is advanced sole shaping with recessed toe panel that enables club face expansion for added forgiveness and externalized sound ribs
- Deeper, more active speed pocket with 3x more active than original M2 to increase flexion and forgiveness across the clubface and generates high launch/low spin shots to achieve massive distance
- Ff2ff precision process with crown-to-body craftsmanship of the highest quality and manufacturing repeatability for consistent look and performance
- Premium features and options include Fujikura XLR8 Pro Stock shaft with 30+ additional no-upcharge shafts, dual feel grip, and ultra-lightweight, aluminum, 4 degree loft sleeve with 12 settings
The new lower density 9-1-1 Titanium body, 6-layer carbon composite crown and minimal sound ribs allowed for 25g of discretionary mass to be relocated low and back in the sole of the club. Together, these applications combine to increase the overall inertia of the M2 driver without sacrificing low CG, hot trajectory, or aerodynamic performance.
TaylorMade. #1 Driver in GolfTM
The new Geocoustic feature combines geometry and acoustical engineering to unlock more forgiveness and best-in-class sound. The new breakthrough in geometry comes from the sunken sole portion of the driver. This section utilizes ultra-light, thick-thin 9-1-1 Titanium—a design that enabled engineers to free up volume without raising the center of gravity.
The breakthrough in acoustical engineering was achieved by the new sunken sole curvature, making it stiffer and easier to manage vibrations caused at impact. With this added stiffness, minimal externalized sound ribs were needed to create best-in-class sound and feel of the M2.
The M2 is equipped with a new 4° aluminum Loft Sleeve featuring 12 easily adjustable settings. M2 also comes stock with a Fujikura Pro XLR8 56 (high launch), available in A, R, S and X flexes along with a new dual-texture 360 performance grip for great feel throughout the swing.