Cleveland CG Black Steel Irons 5H,6,7,8,9,PW Mens RH
The CG Black irons were designed to make golfers carry the ball longer. These irons are designed for higher launch
and longer carry for golfers who are looking to target more flagsticks with less club.
Easy to Hit.
TechnologyComparison of High Cor Area
- The 20% larger High COR Area allows for more consistency throughout the club face which helps make this not only longer but more accurate than other clubs tested. MAX COR: + 0.2 UP HIGH COR AREA: 20% UP
Improved Cor Face Design
- Making CG Black irons longer wouldn't mean much if they weren't more accurate and consistent too. The thin, high-strength steel face creates a larger area of maximum ball speed, plus allows for more perimeter weighting for more accuracy and consistency. Factors for improving Cor Face: High strength steel (HT 1770) is used as face material and can achieve a thinner face compared to that of the 588 MT.
Cleveland’s Most Accurate Iron to Date
- Combining these factors means more distance with a slight draw bias. Instead of making this a pure distance iron we also made this more accurate than competitors.
Improved CG Location
- Utilizing a progressive set of irons starting with a hollow hybrid chassis in the 5 iron move the COG lower and towards the back of the club making it easier to launch the ball higher. In the 6 and 7 iron we utilized a lower CG by making the face thinner to achieve this higher launch. Keeping an orthodox chassis makes these irons easy to address and also improves workability.
Low Swing MOI
- By lowering the Swing MOI, CG Black products promote a pro-like swing, resulting in higher head speed and greater distance with the same swing effort.